Wednesday, December 21, 2011

According to Weight Watchers, I had 50 points today...

If you were at all savvy to the Weight Watchers Points Plus program (no doubt you are), you'd know that this is a problem. Now, to lose 1-2 pounds per week, I'm supposed to have 30 points a day and then I get 45 gimme points a week beyond that. Well... thanks to the overwhelming amount of Coca Cola I have consumed today plus the Dominos pizza Mike wanted to get (I struggled, I swear! He made me do it!) and possibly the chocolate from the candy dish that I reach for every time I pass it... well, as you can imagine, it stacked up.

Now, I know what you're thinking-- but Jen, because I know you ran as per usual today, you've actually counteracted some of those points. And, while it's a shame that you've run your little heart out only to break even later down the road, you're still safe from overwhelming weight gain. Hypothetical thinker, I'd like to say you are correct, sir (madam), but the fact is, dressing to go running and actually going running are neither synonymous nor tantamount to one another. In fact, they are vastly different. It started to rain...

So what did  I do today to counteract those points?

Hmm. Let's see now-- I watched lots of HGTV which reinvigorated my creative genius for looking at creative things to do without actually doing them. For instance, I searched Good Housekeeping for tips on DIY decorations for the holidays and I saved quite a few pages. Then, I planned our Christmas dinner, which, fortunately for my overwhelmed self, my mother came through the door to talk about said Christmas gathering. We will go shopping together tomorrow.

Time out. Another fun thing Michael said in passing. As I was writing down the menu, making sure I noted who will cook what, and then as I looked for ideas for center pieces and maybe a few little decor items to festive-ize my house, Michael says "I don't understand why people make these things a big deal." Well sir, as a woman-- a strong, independent, hard-working woman-- I will have you know that nesting, while it sounds archaic and demoralizing, is truly important to this wife-wonder-woman. And, while I generally scoff at the 50's style housewife (see image below), I take a great deal of pride in earning the general respect and jealousy of my fellow woman.

Who wants to see arched, imperious eyebrows from the feminine front? Who wants the scrutiny of one's house amount to raised noses and sniffy praise? Screw those noses and perfectly plucked eyebrows. I will create an awesome house and if I am temporarily insane as a result, so be it! People are going to be awed by my creative little projects and neat little tricks. Mwahaha. I will manipulate the masses. Now, all I need is a classic flower-patterned dress, black  pumps, and pearls and I'll be set to fulfill my stepford-wife persona.

In other words, dear husband. This has nothing to do with you just as weddings have nothing to do with you, and babies only have a minuscule amount to do with you (and only at the beginning!). Men just don't get it.

Phew. I think I may need to be exorcised of my crazy-pants wife demon. In fun news, Courtney and Mindy are going to get lost coming to my house and then they're coming over! We will bake cookies, drink wine, and roll our eyes at our love exploits.

No comments:

Post a Comment