Sunday, December 18, 2011

The latter part of my afternoon: Picasa

Picasa 3 may be my new favorite Google feature yet. This afternoon, I basically spent hours just looking at all of the features within the program. The idea is that you download Picasa as a sort of dashboard program. It immediately syncs with your picture files (which you can control) and then it asks which pictures you'd like to share. It even has some pretty sick facial recognition capabilities. By the way, apparently, I have more pictures of Michael than of myself-- if you knew me, you'd know just how ridiculous that is. My narcissism has been beaten.

Moving on. I also like how you can Share via blog or Google + and it's insanely easy. Furthermore, there's also a feature that lets you automatically upload your mobile photos as you take them. I haven't really experimented with that yet. However, if my school would let the kids use Google, I really think these things could open up so many possibilities in English and in Yearbook.

Anyway, let me share what I did today. I decided to challenge myself a bit by defining my relationship with Michael through photos. Before you get upset about the lack of Marching Band photos, please remember that Michael and I were only in it together for 1 year, and those may be times I don't particularly want to remember-- selective memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment